Do not be scared to order your uPVC Bifold Doors Online; our secure site is verified by World Pay for your peace of mind and convenience. Below is a guide which will talk you through all you need to know to buy your new sliding bifold doors online. It is simply a case of being able to measure your existing door, decide on your opening style, door colour and having the confidence to make a decision. Any local experienced door fitter will be able to install your doors; many local fitters will offer to measure the doors for you.
The traditional approach to buying a upvc bifolding door is to invite a salesman to your property to measure up, have a cup of tea and talk you through the options. This will usually cost you a lot more time and money; so why not pay trade price online? As online brochures are becoming more comprehensive is there really any need for this step? You wouldn’t invite an Argos representative to your home before buying online…
How to Choose Your Bifold Door
Our online bifold door listings show all opening options for your required door width. Simply decide on your width then decide how many opening panes you would like the bifold doors. This approach to buying a composite door online eliminates the uncertainty that you may be buying a door that you will not like when you see it.
How to Measure your bifold Door
The next step is to measure your door to that it fits nicely in place of your existing door. If you are replacing an existing uPVC door you can simply measure the existing outer door frame width and height including any external drainage cill. Do make a note if the door has an external drainage sill as we will provide a new sill with the new bifolding door if required.
If you are replacing a wooden door we recommend measuring the overall width and height of the door opening at different points to ensure the brickwork is straight. We then recommend to subtract 10mm from both the overall height and width to allow for fitting.
If your property is rendered then you may have to remove some external render to survey the door opening and replace any damaged render once the door is fitted.
Order Bifold Doors Online
Now that you have chosen your design and have your measurements you can order your composite door. If you follow the link below this will take you to our composite door category:
Click here: Buy Bifold Doors Online
- Select your bifold door design
- Enter your overall door width and height in mm. NB: This size should include any deductions for fitting. Also the height includes the cill if a cill is required.
- Enter your cill size if a cill is required. (This is the drainage sill that the door will sit on; if you choose no sill the door will come ‘face-drained’; this option is for installation on stone cills of drainage bricks. Stub cill is 85mm overall projection however the door frame is 70mm so it only protrudes 15mm externally… 150 cill is 150mm and protrudes 80mm externally. NB: Most windows and doors on brick properties have a 150 cill installed.
- Choose your bifold door opening option; the opening styles are shown on this page as viewed externally, choose the required code from the drop down menu.
- Choose your bifold door colour.
- Handle colour – choose from white, brass or chrome handles
NB: If you require your bifold doors to open inwards please call us for advice; in many situations bi folding doors pose no problems when opening inwards. However in some cases bifold doors can make contact with floor coverings, not open fully and take up too much internal space. Therefore we recommend you call us for advice before ordering your new bi folding doors online with us.